Selecting a reception hall
Selecting a Banquet Room
Selecting a venue for a corporate event or special occasion is an important decision that encompasses a lot more consideration than most people planning the event initially realize — regardless of how much ground they cover prior to their final decision. Questions about venue space accommodations and setting options, menu flexibility, décor, vendors, hidden fees and event-planning strategy can weigh on one’s mind until the day of the event — maybe even beyond that point. However, our banquets and off-premise catering events team at DeRomo’s Banquet Room has come to the table with answers.
An Extension of a Dining Destination
One of the biggest advantages of selecting DeRomo’s Banquet Room as your venue is its proximity and connection to DeRomo’s Gourmet Market & Restaurant. In this case, any guest who has a special diet can be accommodated quite quickly, because the market and restaurant contain so many food options. And this carries with it the bonus of never running out of homemade food during a special event. Not to mention that the people who are working during your event and on the days leading up to it work for the same company that operates the gourmet market and restaurant. This guarantees guests a staff with knowledge of multiple venues, as well as a continuation of the culture within all DeRomo’s-associated destinations — market, restaurant, pastaria and gift shop.
Don’t forget, too, the market is home to our bakery, which includes cakes, assorted mini pastries, and cookies — provided to you during the event for packaged pricing.
Banquet Room Spaces and Offerings
In most banquet rooms, you get four walls, but at DeRomo’s Banquet Room, you’re looking at an all-glass venue with a wraparound, adjoining covered veranda, topped with a bar and seating area — perfect for a cocktail reception, casino night, carnival-themed event, quaint wedding reception, and many more possibilities. This luxurious space maintains an upscale, all-inclusive standard with four-hour dinners (served buffet or sit-down) and an open bar, as well as a complimentary projector and drop-down screen for presentations, slideshows and videos.
The venue is only three years old and incorporates neutral colors, such as champagne, taupe and beige — not only to appeal to the masses, but to create an inviting atmosphere for those who desire to weave in bolder color palettes.
Our Banquet Room space can also be rearranged to accommodate your growing guest count. For example, we can fit 125 guests plus a dance floor, but if you are willing to eliminate a dance floor, we can include 135 people even with a serpentine buffet. Should you decide to move the buffet to the veranda, you’re looking at a guest list of 150.
Before Booking the Big Day
- Before booking your special occasion, regardless of the venue of choice, DeRomo’s Banquet Room urges you to inquire about:
- Special requests
- Tables, linens, chairs, cutlery, china — Some venues rent these, and others like us have them on site.
- Cake-cutting and/or corking fee — With our onsite bakery and liquor license, these fees are not applicable at DeRomo’s Banquet Room.
- Menu options
- Preferred vendor list — We have partnered with the area’s most sought-after professionals. However, if you would like to bring in your own vendors, they must meet with our team and provide a certificate of insurance.
- DIY — We allow guests to decorate, but there are certain restrictions provided in the venue contract.
- Earliest times that vendors can deliver event items
- Testimonials and online reviews